ProaSense: The Proactive Sensing Enterprise
Today’s enterprises are facing increasing pressure due to globalization, uncertainties, and strict regulations, among others. This demands for a new class of enterprise systems, proactive enterprises, that will be continuously aware of that what “might happen” in the relevant business context and optimize their behavior to achieve that what “should be the best action”. ProaSense is an EU project aiming at the core goal to pave the way for an efficient transmission from Sensing into Proactive enterprises.
- Exploiting the power of big enterprise data, by sensing the whole business ecosystem: Shifting relevant business context from internal processes to the ecosystem.
- Extracting the actionable meaning from data, by applying advanced big data analytics: Shifting the processing capabilities from real-time into ahead-of-time processing.
- Increasing the strategic value of data analysis for the decision making, by dynamically adapting patterns of interest to be found in the real-time big data streams: Shifting decision making focus from early warnings into business optimization.
- Key words: Proactive Enterprise Systems, Situational Awareness, Big Data, Scalable Storage, Smart Sensing Services, Proactive Manufacturing, Proactive monitoring.
- Six ProaSense videos (below) have been created, giving an overview of what the project is about.